Thursday, February 7, 2013

"The Final Frontier"

In my Secondary Education class, Tech and teach and learning  my group and I were asked to create a Google drive presentation on the information we gathered after reading Peggy A. Erthmer's "Teacher Pedagogical Beliefs:The Final Frontier in Our Quest for Technology Integration." After I read this article I learned about how teachers all over the world do not integrate as much technology as they should. I learned that many teachers are comfortable with the way they teach and do not want to change. Therefore, my Professor asked our class to create this presentation to "Call to Action" the teachers to want to incorporate technology in there classrooms. During this process I learned about the advantages to using technology in the classroom and ways teachers can incorporate the technology in a manner that they students will enjoy. My outcomes from this assignment are that while reading and doing research on the topic I learned a lot about to create a Google drive presentation and collaborating information with my group members to create a great presentation to express to teachers that using technology in the classroom has many benefits. I enjoy working in a group and really enjoyed the ideas my group members brought to the idea. Hope you check out the presentation and enjoy watching and learning from it as much as I did making it.

4 comments:

  1. I just thought I should let you know that your presentation is great too! It's very well put together and is interesting to read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good description of the article! I think you hit all the requirements for class. The green color on your bullet points on the slides was hard to see though. But other than that you had a lot of great information and really good use of pictures! And your ending comment was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great presentation! My only complaint is that the green is a little hard to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your presentation was very interesting. I learned things that I did not know. The only thing to change would be the green. It was a little hard to read.

    ReplyDelete